Appetite Media is a premier media company, known for producing transformative content that inspires our educated audience of influential viewers and readers. Appetite Media is home to a diverse portfolio of digital properties, production studio and distribution network with entertainment content across the web, film, television, premium digital video, social, and virtual reality.
As a unified global team, Appetite Media brings a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what’s next.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.
Summary: Appetite Media – Technology Development Manager
Appetite Media is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager. This individual will work with the technology development process in predictable project execution to drive world-class technology development time, product cost, and quality. The individual we seek has solid experience leading cross-functional teams across multiple sites, through the full product development lifecycle.
- Facilitates the definition of the program schedule
- Executes and manages the schedule and risk mitigation elements of the project
- Works with the project team to enable the success of the project and sub-projects within the product timeline
- Emphasis on good stewardship of team resources
- Defines, communicates, and closes the gap between customer expectations and actual schedule
- Communicates the project status to the business unit, the team, the strategic marketing organization and the customer
- Elevates within Appetite situations where this gap cannot be closed and communicate this situation to the customer as required
- Fosters team learning within the project group. (e.g. Product Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK)
- Maintains customer end-focus
- Sound understanding of Appetite’s products and technologies
- Strong work ethic with drive to take ownership of project requirements and deliverables
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team leadership skills with ability to work with cross-functional groups
- Solid internal and external customer facing skills
- Leadership in aligning the goals of multiple stakeholders and establishing project plans
- Decisiveness with the ability to execute quickly
- Sound decision-making skills in addressing issues and obstacles to project completion
- BS degree required in Engineering field or equivalent course of study in an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of direct experience in project or product management in high-tech companies overseeing the technology or product development process for manufactured goods
- PMP certification preferred
Location: Orlando, FL & Boston, MA
Make a difference at Appetite Media